iXS Trail RS Helmet
By: Vineet Sharma
Also featured in Issue #17 | Sept 2013
Renowned athletes like Hans Rey, Geoff Gulevich, Darren Berrecloth and more are associated with iXS to develop and design world class safety gear. Freeride legend Richie Schley helped in the design process for this sleek looking 320grams enduro helmet that was released recently and is now a part of his ‘Schleyer’ collection. The Trail RS helmet design is pretty unique compared to the other helmets we have tried so far and fits perfectly covering your entire skull. To make it better, it even has a grippy ratchet dial closure system placed at the back that can be operated with gloves even on move.
Another great feature about this helmet is the adjustable bolt system MX style visor. This visor has a breakaway plastic screw which helps the helmet to survive the worse and keep your precious head safe at the same time.
We used this helmet on long distance sweaty cross country rides to gravity assisted trails in rain and the big sized 22 vents worked flawlessly and kept me cool all the time. Not to mention the color + design makes the Trail RS a true head turner. Fitting, Style, Safety and Design The Trail RS helmet hits A+ everywhere and is one of our favourite products ever tested. It may be bit pricy, but it’s worth it!
Details for Trail RS Helmet
- full inmould coverage for optimized absorbtion and weight
- aeration system with 22 large vents and internal air channels
- adjustable bolt system MX style visor, optimized
- felxibility and full visual field
- crash release visor
- Dual-Compound dial adjuster
- Ergo-Fit Ultra, fully flexible and adjustable retention system
- Dual-Compound head ring for highest comfort and optimized fit
- Dual-Inmould, lower 360 degree inmould shell to prevent from damage
- Y-Clip adjustable strap system
- ratchet safety closure
- SM (54-58cm), ML (58-62cm)
- EN1078 & CPCS certified
- +/- 320g
- Price: € 99.95